In memory of Kinks fan Mike Kraus
- Obituary written by Tom Kitts
- Eulogy delivered by Gary Boelhower at the funeral
- Jerry Burns' reflections on Mike Kraus
- The funeral program (in PDF format)
- A "set list" of music played at the funeral
Scholarly papers and essays
- Two Walters: Perennial Themes in the Songs of Ray Davies by Jim Mello. Presented at the April 1998 joint conference of the Popular Culture and American Culture Associations in Orlando, Florida.
- Autobiography and the Representation of the Self - X-Ray by Darren Schroeder, 2000.
- Lola vs. Powerman and the Moneygoround by Alex DiBlasi, 2008.
- Muswell Hillbillies by Alex DiBlasi, 2008.
- 40th Anniversary of The Village Green Preservation Society by Mark Wegman, Nov. 2008.
- Brothers by Amanda Lust, Oct. 2008. (The essay won a creative writing award at her college.)
- "What Are We Living For?" - The Poverty Of "Dead End Street" by Alex DiBlasi, 2009.
- Ray Davies' Vision Of America by Alex DiBlasi, 2009. Presented at the Popular Culture Association Conference in New Orleans, April 2009.
- The Charting Saga of "A Well Respected Man": An Under-Ranked, Under-Rated Kinks Classic by Mark Teehan, May 2011.
- Alex DiBlasi's lecture on Preservation, given at a ThePublicSchool.org class in NYC on 4 May 2013
- "You Really Got Me": A Complete Charting Odyssey - How The Kinks Blew The Doors Off the British Invasion Against Fierce Competition And Scored Their First U.S. Hit by Mark Teehan, May 2016.
- "All Day And All Of The Night": A Comprehensive Charting Saga—How The KINKS Developed Their Second Follow-Up Single And Stormed The Local American Radio Station Surveys And National Charts by Mark Teehan, July 2020.
- American Metropolitan Enterprises of New York, Inc., Jay Boy Music Corp., Piccadilly Music Corp., and Edward Kassner Music Co., Ltd., Plantiffs-Appellants, v. Warner Bros. Records, Inc., Defendant-Appellee.
Things with nowhere else to put them
E-mail Dave Emlen